Adjusting to New Time Zones
Jet lag frequently occurs when we cross continents and interrupt our body's circadian rhythms. Here's how to ease the stress and make the trip more enjoyable.
0 - 12 hours
- Set your watch to the new time zone as soon as you leave home.
- Wear loose clothing and stretchy travel slippers.
- Sleep on the plane if it is nighttime in your new time zone. Stay awake if it is not.
- Do not drink alcohol on the flight.
- Do drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
- Exercise during the flight. Move about the cabin.
- Upon arrival, stay awake and get as much light as you can to reset your body clock.
- Retire at normal bedtime in your new time zone.
- Eat meals according to the proper time in your new time zone.
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Eat light meals until acclimated.
||Find the best Airfares|
Book dozens of Irish countryside and city tours, day trips, boat cruises, etc. online.