How to Telephone Ireland from the U.S.
Telephoning someone in the Republic of Ireland is different than telephoning someone in Northern Ireland. The country codes are not the same. To call a number in the Republic of Ireland, follow these steps.
- Determine what time it is in Ireland. Irish time is eight hours later than West Coast time, five hours later than East Coast time.
- Dial the international access code: 011.
- Dial the country code for Ireland: 353.
- Drop the 0 from the beginning of the city code. (E.g. Cork is 021. Dial 21.)
- Dial the remaining digits.
- Some city codes are: 01 Dublin, 021 Cork, 061 Limerick, 091 Galway, 051 Waterford.
- If you have difficulty getting through, dial 00 to reach an international operator and ask him or her to place your call.
- Call your long-distance carrier to find out which hours cost less with your calling plan.
Telephone calling cards:
Available at most Bord Failte shops, post offices and in the Dublin and Shannon airports. Or save 20% by ordering an "ePin" card online from Swiftcall.
Related Features and Tips:
||Find the best Airfares|
Book dozens of Irish countryside and city tours, day trips, boat cruises, etc. online.