How to Use Parking Discs
Parking is rarely a problem in Ireland. The larger cities often have metered parking or parking garages, however, the disc is used in most towns and cities.
- Purchase paper disc at filling station, newsstand, shops, and tourist offices.
- Park vehicle in approved disc area (signposted).
- Using pencil or other pointed object, punch holes for appropriate year, month, day, hour, and minute.
- Fold over top, roll down side window, insert folded tab, then roll window up to secure form with punched times visible.
- Shops selling parking discs have a disc display in window.
- Double yellow lines on side of road indicate no parking.
- A single yellow line indicates parking, but with some restrictions.
||Find the best Airfares|
Book dozens of Irish countryside and city tours, day trips, boat cruises, etc. online.